I’m running for school trustee because want every student to achieve their full potential.
Why vote for me?
• I attended Greenbank P.S. for French Immersion and Merivale H.S. for the Gifted Program. And I was a camp counsellor and teacher’s aide for special needs kids. So I know every student is different and that we should offer programs to help everyone achieve their potential.
• As an advertising copywriter, I’ve built billion dollar brands and won the top awards. Since school board funding is based on number of students, I’ll use my ad skills to help promote the board so it can be well-funded.
• In my copywriting career, I use my various skills in unique ways. I acted as the Mini Man for Nutri-Grain bars in commercials I wrote, was the voice of Zeller’s radio, wrote songs for commercials and did stand-up comedy for brands. I’ll think outside-the-box to come up with new solutions for our schools.
• This summer I’ve done well in the Yuk Yuk’s and Absolute Comedy contests. Stand-up comedy requires looking at the world in new ways, and I’ll bring a fresh perspective to the school board.
• I care about the environment. I was in the Green Party of Ontario’s Shadow Cabinet. I was trained by Al Gore as a Climate Reality presenter. My love song for Green Party leader Elizabeth May went viral in the 2011 election. When I walk along the Canal, I pick up litter. And I carry treats for the dogs I meet. I want our schools to be green, from green roofs to food gardens, because green space is key for learning, especially after the pandemic’s online learning and masking has been so hard on kids.
• I love that Canterbury H.S. is there for arts-loving students. Could we use another arts school? What about other fields?
• I’ve drawn cartoons for The Ottawa Citizen, hosted Rogers TV shows, told stories on CBC Radio, and hosted talk radio on Toronto’s CFRB, all because I love engaging with the public. On my podcast I interview locals, and I’d love to chat with you on my show to come up with ideas together. I’ll do a regular show about school board issues to keep you informed.
• People recognize me from my Facebook Neighbourhoods posts about my adventures. I’ll continue being open with you. Follow me on Facebook.
• I’m open to hearing all sides of issues. I invite all comments so I can learn from you and work with you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can follow me at:
Sep 29: I & fellow @ocdsb @OttCatholicSB trustee candidates met this morn at National Holocaust Monument for a convo led by @chesatottawa (with @Arturmaks) about #Holocaust education & fighting #antisemitism & all discrimination in #Ottawa schools. #ottpoli #ottnews #ottvote #ottvotes